This vegan and plant-based Stir-fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce is both really creamy and satisfying. Plus, it’s super easy to make and only requires a few basic ingredients (peanut butter, of course!).
COOKING THE TOFU
I did the usual drying and cooking technique for the tofu to give it that crisp coating that’s perfect to be coated in sauces.
For the sauce, I mixed together:
- ¾ cup vegetable broth water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp peanut butter I used sweetened peanut butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or other sweetener adjust according to desired taste
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari adjust according to desired taste
Feel free to adjust everything to your taste before cooking this sauce down with the tofu!
I had this stir-fried peanut tofu with some curry garlic rice, which is very similar to my super easy curry fried rice that I make but without the veggies!
This was a really comforting meal that pairs well with rice or noodles since the tofu is coated in a really hearty sauce.
You can also check out my other tofu recipes here or down below:
- Hakka-Style Stuffed Tofu
- Korean Spicy Braised Tofu
- Tofu Katsu
- Nori-Wrapped Tofu in Spicy Sauce
- Maple Hoisin Tofu
- Orange Tofu
- Pan-Fried Tofu Cakes
- Tofu ‘McNuggets’
Check out the full tofu recipe below!
Hope you enjoy this tofu recipe! You’ll find it below.
Are you looking for more delicious, vegan recipes?
Check out my latest Vegan Kitchen eBook, that has over 95 recipes that are packed with flavour and made with simple and easily accessible ingredients! Two trees will be planted for every download of my eBook.?
Stir-Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp room temp. water
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water mixture. Set aside.
- Dry the tofu. You can wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels. You can also opt to use a tofu press. Afterwards, slice them into 1" (2.5cm) cubes.
- Sprinkle the salt on the tofu cubes. Add the cornstarch. Coat the tofu well.
- In a large pan, heat around 1 1/2 tbsp of oil and then fry the tofu cubes until crisp and golden. You will need to turn around the tofu cubes to get each side crisp.
- Take out the tofu from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the onions and mushrooms in a little oil over medium high heat. Add in the sauce mixture. Add in the crispy tofu and cook it in the sauce sauce until it boils. Lower the heat.
- Give the cornstarch slurry a good mix since the starch tends to settled in the bottom. Pour in the cornstarch mixture while mixing. Mix until the sauce has thickened. Afterwards, turn off the heat.
- Serve the tofu and then drizzle with a little sesame oil and add some spring onions, if desired.
- Serve with a bowl of rice or noodles and enjoy while hot! I had mine with my super easy curry fried rice! Also, you can check out the video below to see 3 saucy tofu recipes. 🙂