Sharing this super easy Creamy Tomato Pasta recipe! This pasta is dairy-free, nut-free, and of course, vegan!
HOW TO COOK THIS CREAMY TOMATO PASTA
This recipe uses mostly pantry-staples!
You’ll need just 8 basic ingredients for the pasta, that you probably already have in your pantry or fridge. This is perfect for those days when you’re craving something creamy and comforting but also really simple to make!
OPTIONAL: TOP YOUR PASTA WITH SOME TOASTED BREAD CRUMBS
You can opt to enjoy this with some Toasted Basil Breadcrumbs too, which adds a really nice crunch and texture, but it’s totally optional!
I’m personally a bigger fan of tomato and oil-based pasta but I love having creamy pastas every now and then.
Here’s the pasta topped with the Toasted Basil Breadcrumbs:
You’ll find the recipes below!
If you’re looking for more easy pasta recipes, check out my post here or the video below for 3 EASY PASTA RECIPES. ◡̈
Are you looking for more delicious, vegan recipes? Check out my Vegan Kitchen eBook, which contains over 95 recipes that are packed with flavour and made with simple and easily accessible ingredients! Two trees (instead of 1!) will be planted for every download of my eBook through non-profit organisation One Tree Planted.?
8-Ingredient Creamy Tomato Pasta and Toasted Basil Breadcrumbs
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 225 g (around 1/2 lb) dry rigatoni pasta or pasta of choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus more for baking
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk or other non-dairy milk mine was slightly sweetened
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1 tbsp cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp room temp. water
- Fresh basil chopped for topping
- Heat a pan. Once hot, add in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add in the bread crumbs. Mix around over medium until lightly golden and toasted. Add in the salt and dried basil. Mix well and leave to toast until golden brown. Set aside.
Cooking the Pasta
- Cook pasta until still chewy/al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a pan. Add in 3 tbsp olive oil. Add in minced garlic and sauté until lightly brown. Pour the plant milk and tomato paste. Mix well and season with salt to taste. Add in the nutritional yeast, if using. Mix until tomato paste is diluted.
- Once it boils, add in the cornstarch slurry. Mix and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens a bit. Add in the al dente pasta and coat in the sauce. Season with salt, to taste, if needed. Mix in the breadcrumbs, if using.
- Turn off heat and then top pasta with basil, if desired. Enjoy while hot!