Spicy Peanut Noodles packed with that delicious spice and richness from peanut butter. These noodles are SO EASY to make and SO SATISFYING! You can easily prepare this in 15 minutes or less.
I can easily eat this every day and switch it up by adding different cooked vegetables or protein of choice to complement these noodles.
THESE SPICY PEANUT NOODLES ARE:
- Super easy to make
- Require only a few basic ingredients
- Easily adjustable to your taste and preference
- Super satisfying and hearty!
SPICY PEANUT SAUCE
I mixed together the following:
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- garlic chili oil or chili oil with sediment
- rice vinegar or regular vinegar
- sugar, optional for sweetness
Full detailed recipe is down below!
Note: Prepare the sauce before cooking the noodles so you can just add the noodles into the sauce right after cooking!
WHEAT NOODLES OF CHOICE
I used knife cut noodles. I love the texture of these noodles for the distinct curly edges. You can use other noodles of choice and even rice noodles, if you’re looking to use gluten-free noodles.
Simply cook your noodles according to package instructions or until chewy to your liking.
MIX AND ENJOY YOUR SPICY PEANUT NOODLES!
- Drain the noodles from the water and immediately add the noodles in the sauce. Mix well to coat in the sauce. You can add additional 1-2 tbsp of water from the noodles in case the sauce is thick and you want a runnier consistency to mix the noodles easily.
- Finish with fresh coriander and spring onions/green onions and sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
OTHER NOODLE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Shoyu Udon
- Wonton Noodle Soup
- Saucy Ramen Noodles
- Wonton Noodle Soup
- Bun Cha Gio Chay (Vietnamese Noodles and Fried Vegetarian Spring Rolls Bowls)
- Jjajangmyeon (Noodles in Black Bean Sauce)
- Thai Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao)
- Easy Spicy Miso Noodles
- Ginger and Scallion Noodles
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1.5-2 tbsp peanut butter , plain or chunky
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce , add more or less depending on desired taste
- 1 tsp dark mushroom soy sauce , optional for colour
- 1 tbsp garlic chili oil or chili oil with sediment , see homemade chili oil recipe here
- 1 tbsp gochugaru or other chili power/flakes of choice
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp rice vinegar , Chinese black vinegar, regular vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sugar optional for additional sweetness
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Prepare the sauce – mix everything in a large bowl. Make sure the peanut butter is smooth unless using chunky peanut butter.Feel free to adjust everything to your taste. If using sweetened peanut butter, you can skip the sugar. (Note: be sure to prepare the sauce first so you can immediately add the noodles after cooking)
- Noodles – cook your noodles according to package instructions or until chewy to your liking.
- Drain the noodles from the water and immediately add the noodles in the sauce. Mix well to coat in the sauce.
- You can add additional 1-2 tbsp of water from the noodles in case the sauce is thick and you want a runnier consistency to mix the noodles easily.
- Finish with fresh coriander and spring onions/green onions and sesame seeds and sesame oil, if desired. Enjoy!