Vegan PANCAKE CEREAL – sharing a recipe for these crisp and fluffy little pieces of pancake. And yup, joining in on the bandwagon, that’s been taking the internet by storm lately! ? has anyone else tried making pancake cereal?
Check out the full recipe video and steps below:
I don’t actually have a TikTok but saw these and decided to give them a try. They were so fun to make and even more exciting to eat because you no longer need to slice them up like regular pancakes. You can basically enjoy your favourite pancakes in crisp bite-sized circles and can easily scoop them up! Also really fun to eat with your hands and snack on like cereal.
I tweaked my favourite pancake recipe to create a thicker batter that holds up better when cooking. You can find the full recipe below! 🙂
Are you looking for more delicious, vegan recipes? Check out my Vegan Kitchen eBook, which contains over 95 recipes that are packed with flavour and made with simple and easily accessible ingredients! Two trees (instead of 1!) will be planted for every download of my eBook through non-profit organisation One Tree Planted.?
Vegan Pancake Cereal
- A squeeze bottle or a plastic bag
- A non-stick pan for easy cooking
- In a bowl, mix the plant milk and white vinegar. Leave to sit for 5 minutes to curdle. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while mixing. Mix just until well incorporated. There will be lumps and that’s okay. Don’t over mix to avoid losing the fluffiness from the baking powder. Transfer the batter to a squeeze bottle or a plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut a very small part of the edge to create a hole.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Once hot, place over medium heat. Squeeze out the batter into small circles (around 1/2-3/4” each), leaving at least 1/4-inch space between each one. See video for a better idea.
- Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles start to form and the top begins to dry out. Once light or golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side for a few more minutes. I used a pair of chopsticks and a small spatula to flip them. But you can also use mix them around once golden brown on one side. Repeat this for the remaining batter.
- Place the pancake cereals in a bowl and top with some chocolate chips or toppings of your choice! Drizzle with some maple syrup. You can also enjoy this like actual cereal and add milk! Scoop up and enjoy!