These are really easy Asian-inspired Vegan Sweet, Spicy, and Saucy Noodles! These are slightly different take on my favourite vegan Saucy Ramen Noodles.
These are so easy to put together and you’ll only need more or less 15 minutes to prepare this bowl. I did add some tofu and cabbage to my noodles, but it’s totally up to you if you wanna add tofu and veggies!
For the noodles, I used my trusty, go-to instant ramen noodles. I like to call them ramen “bricks” and they’re perfect to use for a wide range of noodle recipes! You can find some ramen bricks here* (*amazon affiliate link).
I simply boil them until chewy before adding it into the sauce.
I make sure not to overcook my noodles and take them out when they’re still very chewy because they’ll still cook down in the sauce.
You can check out the video below to see how I cook my noodles:
Of course it’s up to you what type of noodles you’d like to use. You can use other types of noodle such as wheat noodles or rice noodles (see photos below):
Wheat noodles in different sizes and thickness:
Rice noodles in different thickness:
Anyway, you can find the recipe for these saucy noodles below. Hope you enjoy!
You can also check out my other noodle recipes:
- Spicy Miso Noodles
- Mie Goreng (Indonesian Fried Noodles)
- Easy Spicy Miso Noodles
- Thai Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao)
- Chili Garlic and Black Bean Eggplant Noodles
- Easy Sweet, Spicy, and Saucy Noodles
- Stir-Fried Tofu and Basil Noodles
- Tantanmen (Vegan Ramen)
- Yaki Udon
- Chinese-Style Bolognese
- Ginger and Scallion Noodles
- Chili Garlic Oil Noodles
- Easy Saucy Ramen Noodles
Are you looking for more delicious, vegan recipes?
Check out my latest Vegan Kitchen eBook, that has over 95 recipes (and a whole section for Asian recipes!) that are packed with flavour and made with simple and easily accessible ingredients! Also, two trees (instead of 1!) will be planted for every download of my eBook through non-profit organisation One Tree Planted.?
Find out more about my reforestation initiatives here.
Easy Sweet, Spicy, and Saucy Noodles
Noodles and Filling
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 to 4 tbsp soy sauce adjust according to desired taste
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- 2 to 3 tbsp maple syrup or sugar, adjust according to desired sweetness
- 1/2 tbsp gochujang or kroean chili paste, feel free to sub with other chili sauce and adjust according to desired heat
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar or other vinegar, adjust according to desired sourness
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Chopped scallions for topping
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated and set aside.
- Boil a pot with water. Add in the ramen or other noodles of choice and half cook or cook until still very chewy.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a pan. Sauté veggies or tofu in some oil, if using. I pan-fried my tofu until lightly golden brown and crisp. Afterwards, add in the sauce. Leave to simmer over medium heat.
- Mix the sauce ingrediehts again to make sure the starch doesn't stick to the bottom. Add in the noodles and mix in the sauce* (see notes). Cook over medium high heat until the noodles absorb the sauce and sauce thickens. Season with some salt to taste, if needed.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions, if desired. Enjoy while hot!