A simple and easy yet super tasty and flavour-packed Ginger, Scallion, and Teriyaki Fried Rice! This is also a perfect way to use up whatever leftover veggies you have lying in your fridge!
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE AND TERIYAKI SAUCE
For this recipe, I used my homemade ginger scallion sauce and teriyaki sauce. Pair these two together and you have a super fragrant, savoury, and umami fried rice.
COOKING THE FRIED RICE
The most important part here is to use cooked and cooled rice. Leftover rice is the best!
WHAT TO MIX IN YOUR FRIED RICE
As for the components, you can use any vegetables of your choice and protein. For the protein, I used some extra firm tofu that I chopped into small chunks.
I like to cook the tofu to a golden brown crisp for that extra bite and texture for the fried rice. So I cook down the tofu before the rest of the ingredients and season the tofu well, too!
After whipping together the fried rice, I added even more ginger scallion sauce for extra flavour because, WHY NOT?
This Ginger, Scallion, and Teriyaki Fried Rice is a really simple ONE PAN RECIPE, that’s perfect for those quick and easy meals!
Hope you enjoy this recipe! It’s also perfect for batch meal prep so you can prepare this and enjoy it for your upcoming meals.
If you’re looking for more fried rice recipe ideas, check out my video below:
You might enjoy these other vegan recipes:
- Japanese Chahan or Fried Rice
- Crispy Eggplant Katsu
- Chili Garlic and Black Bean Eggplant Noodles
- Easy Sweet, Spicy, and Saucy Noodles
- Stir-Fried Tofu and Basil Noodles
- Pan-Fried Tofu Cakes
- Tofu ‘McNuggets’
- Tantanmen (Vegan Ramen)
- Yaki Udon
- Chinese-Style Bolognese
- Ginger and Scallion Noodles
Ginger, Scallion, and Teriyaki Fried Rice
For the Tofu/Protein of Choice
- 220 g block extra firm tofu or other protein of choice 1/2 lb
- 1 tbsp ginger scallion oil* (see notes)
- 1 tbsp ginger scallion sauce* (see notes), homemade recipe here
- 1-2 tbsp teriyaki sauce adjust according to desired taste, homemade recipe here
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 3 cups leftover rice I used white rice
- 3 tbsp teriyaki sauce or more! Feel free adjust according to desired taste
- 3 tbsp ginger scallion sauce* see notes
- 1/8 tsp white pepper or black pepper
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce for colour
- Press the tofu. You can wrap the tofu in towels and place a plate on top of it until excess liquid is absorbed by the towels. You can also opt to use a tofu press.
- Afterwards, slice them into small 1/2” (1.25cm) cubes.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add in the ginger scallion oil. I like to add in the oil from the jar for extra fragrant, but you can also just use regular oil.
- Add in the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add in the ginger scallion sauce. Sauté for 1 minutes until really fragrant.
- Add in the tofu cubes and then turn up the heat.
- Add in the teriyaki sauce. Sprinkle some salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Leave the tofu to cook over medium high heat for it to turn lightly brown and crisp. I usually do so by leaving the tofu untouched for 1-2 minutes at a time before moving around to cook the other sides.
- Once the tofu is cooked to your liking, add in the peas and bell pepper or other veggies of choice.
- Leave the veggies to cook for a few minutes until tender.
- Add in 1 tbsp (or more) of the ginger scallion sauce.
- Add in the leftover rice.
- Pour in the teriyaki sauce.
- Mix the rice well and feel free to add more teriyaki sauce if needed.
- Add in the pepper and mix well. And if using, add in the dark soy sauce, for colour.
- Add in the remaining ginger scallion sauce and then cook down the fried rice for 2 to 3 more minutes over medium high heat. Taste the rice and feel free to season it more as needed.
- Turn off the heat and serve the rice in a bowl! Feel free to top with some fresh scallions and more ginger scallion sauce if desired. Enjoy!!